Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Paper in text processor format (*.doc or *.docx).
- Authorization and conflict of interest form duly completed in PDF.
The Journal accepts original unpublished manuscripts that result from research, revision, or reflection, and that contribute to consolidate the agricultural sciences and related disciplines.
The Journal Editorial Committee reserves the right to reject manuscripts submitted to the journal that are offensive or that fail to comply with the publication rules.
When submitting an article, the authors warrant that the content complies with copyright regulations, and that the paper is not being concurrently considered for publication elsewhere. To assure this, the author(s) should send a signed letter to the Editor clearly stating that the submitted article is unpublished and is not being concurrently considered for publication elsewhere, and that the author(s) do not have any conflict of interest.
The manuscript must be sent in a word processor, preferably Word, and cannot exceed the maximum length of 10 letter-size pages. Please, use the font "Times New Roman”, 12 pt., single spaced with margins of 3 cm.
The writing should follow the international guidelines for scientific papers, which regulate the use of abbreviations, literature cited, symbols, and atomic, zoologic, botanic and chemical nomenclature, among others. Authors should use Metric measures according to the International System of Units.
The manuscript should include:
- Title (in English and Spanish): The title should be concise but informative, and should have less than 15 words.
- Author(s): Include full names, E-mail address, last academic title obtained, ORCID, and professional affiliation with the full name of the institution, city and country.
- Abstract (in English and Spanish): The abstract should be analytical, and contain a maximum of 200 words. It should present a clear and concise idea of the article’s content, including the objectives, methods, results and conclusions.
- Keywords (in English and Spanish): Keywords should help classifying the article. The authors are advised to use between three and seven keywords based on specific thesauruses, according to the research topic (DeCS, BIREME, NLM).
- Introduction: The introduction should clearly describe the purpose of the study, including pertinent references. Results or conclusion should not be included in introduction.
- Materials and methods: All procedures, experimental design, and data analysis methods employed in the study should be included in this section. Materials and methods should contain the following: study type, location of the study (including geographic coordinates), geo-climatic conditions, organisms studied, laboratory methods, ethic aspects, and data analysis methods.
- Results and discussion: In this section, authors should include the most conclusive findings in a logic, objective, and sequential manner. Tables and figures should accompany the results, and should be interpretable without the need of the text, avoiding redundancy. Discussion should be complete and exhaustive; it should contrast the obtained results with the current literature, highlighting the limitations of the study, and avoiding speculations.
- Conclusions: This section should describe the most important findings of the study.
- Acknowledgments: If necessary, authors can mention in this section the institutions that funded or collaborated in the study.
- References: All references should be listed with Arabic numbers within parenthesis in the same order they appeared in the text. The DOI (if available) should be added at the end of each reference.
All section titles should be in bold, centered and in uppercase. Tables and figure must follow the format described below:
Tables: Authors should list the tables consecutively with Roman numbers. The legend must be placed atop the table, and the explanation of any used abbreviation or symbol should be placed below the table.
Figures: Figures include maps, photos and graphics. Figures should be cited in the text consecutively with Arabic numbers. The legend should be concise and descriptive, and should be placed below the figure.
The writing should be impersonal, and redundancy should be avoided unless it changes the meaning.
Examples on how to write the references following the Vancouver norms are given below:
• Journal articles
Author(s). Title of the article, Title of the journal, Year; volume (issue): xx-xx. DOI: http://doi.org/10.0.31/xxx.xxx.xxx. For example:
Patiño Alcalá RI., Martínez Gutiérrez H., Peña Castro T., Rosero, Martínez FG., García Díaz JM., Medina Rojas LF. Factores asociados a la presencia de Neospora caninum en vacas Holstein de Boyacá. Ciencia y Agricultura, 2001; 9(2): 98-104. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19053/01228420.v15.n1.2018.7753.
• Electronic journal articles
Author(s). Title of the article, Title of the journal, Year; volume (issue): xx-xx. Available in: http://xxx.xxx.xxx/. DOI: https://doi.org/10.0.31/xxx.xxx.xxx. For example:
Patiño Alcalá RI., Martínez Gutiérrez H., Peña Castro T. Factores asociados a la presencia de Neospora caninum en vacas Holstein de Boyacá. Ciencia y Agricultura, 2001; 9(2): 98-104. Disponible en: http://www.rca.com.co/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00048303.htm. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19053/01228420.v15.n1.2018.7753.
• Master and doctoral thesis, and degree works
Author(s). Title. Manuscript type, College, Department, University, Year. For example:
Moreno J. Factores asociados a la presencia de Neospora caninum en vacas Holstein de Boyacá. Master's Thesis, Facultad de Ciencias Agropecuarias, Departamento de Parasitología, Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia, 2008.
• Legal documents
Laws: Title of the law. (Name of the Official Bulletin, date of publication). Approved law. For example:
Ley 17/2008 June 4, de Manejo de Medicamentos en Colombia. (Boletín Oficial del Estado, number 346, de 07-06-2008).
For additional examples, please refer to the documentation provided by the Imperial College-London: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/administration-and-support-services/library/public/vancouver.pdf.
Manuscripts should be sent to OJS System, including a submission letter, and any other additional material.
All papers included in the Revista Ciencia y Agricultura are published under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International