Epistemologies of fire: an approach from ancestral thoughts
Palabras clave:Law of origin, Laws of indigenous peoples, fire, well-being, ancestral pedagogy, feel- thought, indigenous communities.
This article reveals an investigation carried out on the production of ancestral thoughts from the rituals of many native populations of America (Abya Yala) in what has been called by the authors “Epistemologies of fire”. Here their ways of production, search and transmission of knowledge are set which, from the ancestral, have been used by indigenous communities for the construction of a community, privileging how each being thinks of itself inside a world view and a cosmic intelligence1 that allows for bases to be laid to confront the idea of internal and external separation, that has been pursued by human beings since the western construction of the world.
Continuing with the idea elaborated by other authors of a pluriverse (a world where many worlds can fit), these epistemologies based in the recognition of diversity contribute as well to the construction of an academic polyphony that can recapture these native sciences to integrate their knowledge and the way of producing them to expand the perspectives in Social Sciences.
Continuing with the idea woven by other authors of a pluriverse (a world where many worlds fit), these epistemologies based on the recognition of diversity also contribute to the construction of an academic polyphony that can take up these native sciences to integrate their knowledge and way to produce them to broaden the perspectives in the Social Sciences.
An immersion work was developed using learning and description methodologies specific to the villages with which the work was carried out. This allowed us to carry out an exercise in careful listening to the spoken word of the elderly (knowledgeable grandparents) and participation in their rituals, which are understood as ancestral pedagogies.
• Bárcenas, R. (2002). Context of discovery and context of justification: a philosophical problem in scientific research. University certificate, 12 (2), 48-57.
• Botero-Gómez, P. (2015). Pedagogy of social movements as peace practices in war contexts. Latin American Journal of Social Sciences, Children and Youth, 13 (2), 1191-1206.
• Chindoy, M. (02 of 07 of 2015). I talk. (F. Sánchez, Interviewer) Bogotá, Colombia.
• Chindoy, M. (2 of 11 of 2017). I talk. (F. Sánchez, Interviewer) Bogotá, Colombia.
• Andean Coordinator of Indigenous Organizations, C. (2010). Lima: Oxfam America and Solidarity Sweden Latin America (SAL).
• de Sousa Santos, B. (2010). Decolonize knowledge, reinvent power. Uruguay: Trilce.
• de Sousa Santos, B. (2010a). Refoundation of the State in Latin America, Perspectives from an Epistemology of the South. Peace: Plural editors.
• de Sousa Santos, B. (2011). Epistemologies of the South. Utopia and Latin American praxis, 16(54).
• Escobar, A. (2017). From below, to the left and with the earth: the Abya Yala / Afro / Latin / America difference. In J. Regalado, Critical thought, worldviews, and other epistemologies face the capitalist war and build autonomy. Chiapas: Ciesas.
• Fals Borda, O. (August 17, 2008). Orlando Fals Borda-Sentipensante. (R. Bassi, & D. Britton, Interviewers) (Online). Recovered on May 2nd, 2017 from https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=LbJWqetRuMo.
• Fals Borda, O. (2009). A sentipensante sociology for Latin America (anthology). Bogotá: CLACSO / Siglo del Hombre Editors.
• Gaitan, Y. (04 of 05 of 2015). Personal communication. (F. Sänchez, Interviewer) Tabio, Cundinamarca, Colombia.
• García, R. (2006). García, Rolando. Collective Health, 2 (2), 113-122.
• Garreta, O. (07 of 06 of 2017). Interview. (F. Sánchez, Interviewer) Tabio, Cundinamarca, Colombia.
• Huchim, D. H., & Reyes, R. (2013). Biographical-narrative research, an alternative for the study of teachers. 13 (3), 1-27.
• Hurtado, J. (2013). Explanation of the Ajq’ij Baldomero Cuma on water from the Mayan worldview. Recovered on 06/11/2017.
• Jacanamijoy, V. (10 of 10 of 2012). Talk before taking yagé. (F. Sánchez, Interviewer) Bogotá, Colombia.
• Jaramillo, L. (2003). What is Epistemology? Moebio Ribbon, 18. Chile: University of Chile-Santiago.
• Chief Seatle, G. (1854). Letter from the Great Chief Seattle of the Swamish tribe to Franklin Pierce President of the United States of America. Retrieved 08/08/2017, from http: //herzog. economia. unam.mx/professors/blopez/valoracion- swamish.pdf.
• López, M. F. (2015). Epistemology other is the understanding of counter-hegemonic movements. Sociological Journal of Critical Thought, 213 - 224.
• Mardones, F. (25 of 09 of 2017). Knower Mexico interview. (F. Sánchez, Interviewer) Chiapas, México.
• Martínez, B. (11 de 01 de 2018). Interview. (A. Mora, & F. Sánchez, Interviewers) Bogotá, Colombia.
• Mavisoy, W. (2014). Ethnography about what to do anthropology and the manifestations of an anthropologist by his origin. The Exercise of jtsenojuabnayá "To exist reflecting" Among the kamëntšá. Tabula Rasa (20), 197-221.
• Mayatecun. (0 of 0 of 5133). The Sacred Mayan Fire. Retrieved on 06/11/2017, from https://somossentipensantes. blogspot.com.co/p/sentipensantes.html.
• Murillo, D. (2013). Law of Origin and legislation in Colombia: Opposition, interests, and contradictions between indigenous peoples and the state, regarding the exploitation of natural resources in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta (undergraduate thesis). National University of Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia.
• Pinto, A. (23 of 09 of 2017). Maya Fire Interview. (A. Mora, & S. Federico, Interviewers) San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, México.
• Quijano, A. (2014). coloniality of power, Eurocentrism and Latin America. In CLACSO, questions and horizons: from historical-cultural dependency to (pp. 777-832). Buenos Aires: CLACSO.
• Rueda, A. (26 of 07 of 2017). Personal communication. (F. Sánchez, Interviewer) San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas, México.
• Sánchez, D. (12 of 06 of 2015). Personal communication in taking yagé. (F. Sánchez, Interviewer) Tabio, Cundinamarca, Colombia.
• Sánchez, F. (2017). Reflection of field diary. Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta: Unpublished information collection instrument.
• Sanri, F. (2013). Dialogues with others to talk to yourself. Bogotá: Editorial Bambú.
• Sánchez, F. (2015) Ancestral Pedagogy. The Yagé school (Specialization thesis). Uniminuto, Bogotá, Colombia.
• Valdettaro, S. (2015). Communication epistemology: a critical introduction. Bogotá: Editorial of the National University of Rosario.
• Vallejo, A. (15 of 09 of 2017). Personal communication in the Mayan Fire Ceremony. (F. Sänchez, Interviewer) San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas, México.
Derechos de autor 2021 Derecho y Realidad
Esta obra está bajo una licencia internacional Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 4.0.
La revista está autorizada por una licencia Reconocimiento-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 4.0 Internacional